- Count View : 22
- Doi: 10.22034/bahareadab.2023 .16 .7058
Journal of the stylistic of Persian poem and prose
volume Number 16، number In Volume 8، ، issue Number 90
Analyzing the components of anger and compensation mechanism based on Alfred Adler's psychology in the poems of Mehdi Akhavan Sales
Maryam Saemi , Ali Eshghi Sardehi (Author in Charge), Seyyed Ali Akbar
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: The prominent Austrian psychologist, Alfred Adler, by using a method in individualistic psychology based on paying attention to internal aspects such as anger and feelings of inferiority, contrary to Freud, who considered human actions to be the result of instinct, stated that human actions and behavior are the result of circumstances is social; Among the contemporary poets, Akhavan Sales is one of the artists whose anger can be seen in his thoughts and poems. The main goal of this research is to examine Alfred Adler"s individualistic theory and the component of anger in his opinion in the poems of the Akhavan Sales as one of the prominent poets of contemporary Iranian literature, whose protest and anger feature prominently in his poems. METHODOLOGY: In this research, we have used the descriptive-analytical method based on library studies. The examined samples were systematically and purposefully selected randomly from the collection of Mahdi Akhavan Sales poems. FINDINGS: The social environment, the surrounding world and human relationships with others can cause negative feedback and anger in a person according to Alfred Adler"s individualistic theory; The perspective of the research shows that anger is one of the important behavioral characteristics of Mahdi Akhavan Sales in his poems, which is the result of his protest against the anomalies and suffocation in the society. CONCLUSION: Factors such as the poet"s introverted mood, emotional failure in his youth, going to prison, the coup d"état on August 28, restricting freedom of expression and political suppression, the dispersion of friends, unemployment, and the death of a child are among the factors involved and effective in expressing anger, violence, and aggression of the Akhavan Sales. It is among his compositions.
Alfred Adler , anger , compensation mechanism , Mehdi Akhavan Sales , psychological criticism.
- Adler. Alfred. (1991). Individual psychology. Translated by Hasan Zamani Sharafshahi. Tehran: Tasvir.
- Adler. Alfred. (2000). Understanding human nature from the perspective of psychology. Translated by Tahere Javahersaz. Tehran: Roshd, pp. 186-184. 170.
- Akhavan. Mahdi. (2004). Selected poems; By the choice of Morteza Kakhi. fourth edition. Tehran: Zemestan.
- Akhavan. Mahdi. (2005). Sar Koh Boland (selected poems). By the choice of Morteza Kakhi. fourth edition. Tehran: Zemestan.
- Akhavan. Mahdi. (2007). Awake sound of astonishment. Tehran: Morvarid, p. 123.
- Akhavan. Mahdi. (2007). Hell but cold. Third edition. Tehran: Zemestan.
- Akhavan. Mahdi. (2007). Then after the thunder. fourth edition. Tehran: Sokhan.
- Akhavan. Mahdi. (2011). winter. Twenty-eighth edition. Tehran: Zemestan.
- Akhavan. Mehdi. (1985). From this Avesta. Tehran: Morvarid.
- Akhavan. Mehdi. (1991). I love you, old man. Third edition. Tehran: Morvarid.
- Akhavan. Mehdi. (1996). The end of Shahnameh. 13th edition, Tehran: Morvarid.
- Akhavan. Mehdi. (2000). Life says, but you have to live again. Tehran: Zemestan.
- Akhavan. Mehdi. (2017). In the small autumn yard in the prison. Tehran: Zemestan, p. 793.
- Ashuri, Dariush. (2008). Poetry and thought. Tehran: Nashr-e-markaz, p. 190.
- Bali, Ali. (2017). "Investigation of the sociological contexts of pessimism and pessimism in the poems of the 1930s of the Third Brotherhood". Scientific-Research Quarterly of Cultural Sociology. Research Institute of Humanities and Cultural Studies. (4) 9, pp. 1-23.
- Baraheni, Reza. (1991). gold in copper 3 c. Tehran: Author, p. 1005.
- Dobovar, Simon. (2007). The task of literature (collection of articles). Edited and translated by Abul Hasan Najafi. Tehran: Nilufar, p. 181.
- Erfanian, Lale and others. (2020). "Research on the style, content and methods of contemporary protest by examining the poems of Mehdi Akhavan Sales, Ahmad Shamlou, Siavash Kasraei”. Scientific Journal of Persian Poetry and Prose Stylology (Bahar Adab). 14 (67), pp. 104-87.
- Erfanian, Lale. (2020). "Discourse analysis of protest poetry in Mehdi Akhavan Sales poetry based on the discourse analysis of Laclau and Mouffe". Biannual Journal of Literary Criticism Studies, (50) 16, pp. 223-247.
- Feist Jess and Feist. Gregory. (2008). Theories of personality. Translated by Yahya Seyed Mohammadi. Tehran: Zorvan, p. 101.
- Ganji, Hamzeh. (2006). General Psychology. Tehran: Savalan, p. 11.
- Golestan, Ibrahim. (2008). Thirty years and more with the Akhavan Sales. Shahriar of Sangestan. To the attention of: Shahriar Shahindezhi. second edition. Tehran: Sokhan, pp. 52-80.
- Jahadi, Seyed Amir. (2014). Investigation and analysis of utopia and anti-utopia in the thought of the Akhavan Sales. Collection of articles of the 10th International Conference on the Promotion of Persian Language and Literature. Mohagheg Ardebili University, pp. 248-259.
- Jung. Carl Gustav. (2012). Man and his symbols. Translated by Mahmoud Soltanieh. Eighth edition. Tehran: Jami, pp. 175-176.
- Kakhi, Morteza. (1991). Baibargi Garden Tehran: Kargah –e- Naqsh, pp. 27-30.
- Kakhi, Morteza. (1992). The voice of surprise awakened (conversations of Mahdi Akhavan Sales: M. Omid). Tehran: Zemestan, pp. 406-44-155.
- Karimi. Yusuf. (2005). personality psychology. Tehran: Payam Noor, p. 93.
- Maher, Farhad. (2004). "Risk behaviors in young people's leisure time. trends and patterns". Youth Studies Quarterly. Number six, pp. 118-144.
- Mannheim, Karl. (1977). Ideology and Utopia. Translated by Fariborz Majidi. Tehran: Tehran University Press, pp. 210-211.
- Manouchehrian, Parviz. (1983). Inferiority complex (analytical cognition and its treatment), Tehran: Gutenberg, p. 11.
- Mo’ayed Shirazi, Jafar. (2011). Khanlari and Akhwan, in the leafless garden [memoir of Mehdi Akhwan the Third]. To the attention of: Morteza Kakhi. fourth edition. Tehran: Zemestan, pp. 354-355.
- Mohammadi Amoli. Muhammad. (2010). Chagur's song; Life and poetry of Mahdi Akhavan Sales. Tehran: Sales, pp. 67. 106. 141. 142.
- Mousavi, Hafez. (2017). Anthology of social poetry of Iran. Tehran: Vara, p. 31.
- Nasehi, Abbas Ali and Raeisi. Firooze. (2007). "Review of Adler's theories". Cognitive science news. (1) 9, pp. 56-66.
- Parsa. Hussein. (1991). Which star will set soon? Memoir of Mehdi Akhavan Sales (M. Omid). By the efforts of Sahar Mariya and Masoud Ghasemzadeh. Tehran: Bozorgmehr, p. 296.
- Parsa. Seyed Ahmad. (2009). "Analysis and review of the poem of Nadir or Iskandar Akhavan Sales". Boostan Adab Magazine of Shiraz University. The first period of the first issue. Series 1/55, pp. 35-49.
- Scarf. Richard. (2005). Theories of psychotherapy and counseling. Translated by Mehrdad Firouzbakht. second edition. Tehran: Rasa, p. 158.
- Schultz. Doan P. (2013). Theories of personality. Translated by Yahya Sayed Mohammadi. Tehran: Ravan, pp. 193. 82.
- Schultz. Duane P. Schultz Sidney Allen. (2015). History of modern psychology. Translated by Ali Akbar Saif. The second volume. Tehran: Qathre, p. 148.
- Shafii Kadkani, Mohammadreza. (2012). Status and authorities of M. Hope. Tehran: Sokhan, p. 119.
- Siasi, Ali Akbar. (2000). Personality theories or schools of psychology. Eighth edition. Tehran: Tehran University Press, p. 81.
- Zareie, Mehrdad. (2020). "Investigation of the reasons for the decline of Mehdi Akhavan Sales's poetry after this Avesta". Literary Research Quarterly. (71) 18, pp. 41-68.
- Zarqani, Seyyed Mahdi. (2007). The perspective of contemporary Iranian poetry. Tehran: Sales, pp. 425-430.
- Zarrinkoob, Abdul Hossein. (1979). The perspective of New Persian poetry. Tehran: Toos, pp. 192-193.