- Count View : 6
- Doi: 10.22034/bahareadab.2023 .15 .6812
Journal of the stylistic of Persian poem and prose
volume Number 15، number In Volume 12، ، issue Number 82
Description and its linguistic and literary functions in contemporary fiction (Case study: Tangsir Sadegh Chubak and Buff-e-kur Sadegh Hedayat)
Fatemeh Sistani , Hooshmand Esfandiarpour (Author in Charge), Pooran Yousefipour Kermani
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: In descriptive study, various aspects of description are considered as an important part and a main element and a broad perspective so that the description is used in the form of efficient and analytical structures to study and analyze literary texts such as stories and novels. Descriptors believe that it is possible to know and understand many of the methods and aesthetic techniques of a text and its features depending on the study of descriptive methods and how it is used in the text. In the past, the element of description was considered as a sub-element and static in narration, but today in the science of descriptively, this element is very important. The main purpose of this research and its field of study is to investigate the dynamics of the descriptive element in the text of the two stories of Tangsir and Buf-e-kur by Chubak and Hedayat.
METHODOLOGY: The study method in this article is library and the use of descriptive-analytical method is based on the text of two stories of Tangsir and Buf-e-kur in terms of descriptive propositions.
FINDINGS: The findings indicate that descriptive propositions in the structure and content of the two stories have been used artistically by Chubak and Hedayat in the service of storytelling, and therefore the descriptive elements in these two stories can be considered dynamic.
CONCLUSION: In Tangsir and Buf-e-kur have used short, detailed, long, explicit, implicit, hidden and content descriptions with literary, ironic, mythological and aesthetic functions.
Description. Contemporary story. Sadegh Chubak. Sadegh Heday , Descriptive.
- A’layi. Mina and Shokrian, Mohammadjavad. (2016). "The Function of Description in Some Contemporary Short Stories" Quarterly Journal of Persian Language and Literature Research (42), pp. 87-118.
- Ahmadi Sheikhlar. Ahmad. (2018). "Descriptiveness in literature based on twenty works of Persian literature" PhD thesis in Persian language and literature. Mazandaran University.
- Babaei. Parviz. (2013). Philosophical schools. Tehran: Negah. P.707.
- Baqeri. Mahnaz. (2012). Reflection of religious ideas in Achaemenid paintings. second edition. Tehran: Amirkabir. P.136.
- Chubak. Sadegh (1400). Tangsir. Seventh edition. Tehran: Negah.
- Emami. Nasrallah and Qasemipour. Qodrat. (2008). "Confrontation of the element of narration and description in the military body week" Literary Criticism (1) 1, pp. 145-161.
- Genette, Gerard. (1976). Boundaries of Narrative. New Literary History. 8. Namber 1. pp. 1- 13.
- Haman, Philippe, (1981). In troduction al analyse du descriptif. Paris. Hachette.
- Haman, Philippe. (1981). Introduction al analyse du descriptif.
- Harland. Richard. (2009). A Historical Introduction to Literary Theory from Plato to Barthes. Group of translators. Third edition. Tehran: Cheshmeh, p.98.
- Hedayat, Sadegh. (1972). Blind Owl. Tehran: Sepehr.
- Martin. Wallace. (2003). Narrative theories. Translated by Mohammad Shahba. Tehran: Hermes. P.65.
- Metz. Christine. (1997). Cinema semiotics; Articles on Implication in Cinema, translated by Robert Saffarian. Tehran: Resalat, p.47.
- Mirsadeqi. Jamal. (2008). Story Writing Guide. Tehran: Sokhan. P.283.
- Rezwanian. Qudsieh and Ahmadi Sheikhlar. Ahmad. (2017). "Description in the story of Rostam and Sohrab" Persian Language and Literature Research Quarterly. (44), pp. 1-36.
- Sadat Hosseini. Razieh Sadat and Mirzaei. Faramarz. (2014). "Descriptive Functions in the Novel during Turkna Al-Jasr" Journal of Arabic Language and Literature. Eleventh year. Pp. 1-26.
- Tolan. Michael J. (2004). A critical-linguistic introduction to narrative. Translated by Abolfazl Harri. Tehran: Farabi Cinema Foundation.
- Zaruni, Mohammadsadeq. (2021). "Comparative study and analysis of the element of description and its functions in the short stories of Moniro Ravanipour and Ghade Saman". Research in Persian prose and poetry. (12) 5, pp. 221-245.