- Count View : 22
- Doi: 10.22034/bahareadab.2023 .16 .7018
Journal of the stylistic of Persian poem and prose
volume Number 16، number In Volume 8، ، issue Number 90
Analysis of Simin Behbahani's poems based on personality components from the point of view of Karen Horne's psychological criticism
Fatemeh Zandi , Sepideh Sepehri (Author in Charge), Arezo Shomali Oskoei , Elaheh Hajiha
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES: Criticism of personality psychology is one of the new fields in the field of literary research. One of the new and influential theories in literary criticism in order to explain character is Karen Horne"s theory. Karen Horne is a prominent German psychologist who, unlike her teacher Freud, sees the root of human behavior not in physiological drives and congenital problems, but as a result of environmental and social factors. By proposing the theory of "triple personality types", Hornay emphasized the effective role of society and the surrounding environment on human behavior. The purpose of the present research is to analyze the poems of Simin Behbahani, a prominent contemporary poet, based on the social psychology theory of Karen Horne. METHODOLOGY: The study method in the present research is descriptive-analytical based on library studies and document analysis. The statistical community in this article is Simin Behbahani"s collection of poems. The examples have been selected in a selective and systematic way, and in order to achieve the goals of the article and obtain the necessary information, we have presented the poems that are thematically consistent with the content of the research, to the extent of the article. FINDINGS: According to the findings of the research, due to the bitter experiences of the surrounding world, social situations and conditions, discrimination and inequality, neurotic mental orientations can be observed in Simin"s poems, which, from Horne"s point of view, is the result of anxiety in the world around the poet. CONCLUSION: The basic anxiety in Simin Behbahani"s poems has caused the formation of all three personality types: loving, solitary, and superior. Social problems, political and cultural situation, poverty, individual failures, emotional failure are all among the causes and reasons of the poet"s spiritual and behavioral orientations in the form of the three personality types mentioned by Karen Horne.
basic anxiety , contemporary poetry , Simin Behbahani , Karen Hornay , psychoanalytic criticism.
- Adler. Alfred. (1991). Individual psychology. Translated by Hasan Zamani Sharafshahi. Tehran: Tasvir, p. 237.
- Barzegar, Ibrahim. (2009). Political psychology. Tehran: Samt, pp. 134-135.
- Behbahani, Simin. (2002). Collected Poems. Sixth edition. Tehran: Negah.
- Breaker, Harriet. (2017). Kindness The disease of pleasing others. Translated by Mehdi Qarchedaghi. Tehran: Nokhostin, p. 139.
- Esmaeili. Mohsen and Zandieh. Hassan. (2011). "The invisible soul of Persian poetry; The influence of political and social factors of the Pahlavi era on the rise and fall of Persian romanticism". Research Institute of Human Sciences and Cultural Studies (1) 2, pp. 155-127.
- Feist Jess and Feist. Gregory. (2011). Theories of personality. Translated by Yahya Seyed Mohammadi, 7th edition, Tehran: Ravan, p. 198.
- Hornay. Karen. (2008). Nervousness and human growth. Translated by Mohammad Ja’afar Mosafa. Tehran: Behjat, pp. 50-21, 312.
- Hornay. Karen. (2009). Our inner conflicts. Translated by Maryam Veter. Tehran: Elm, pp. 171, 48-49.
- Hornay. Karen. (2010). New ways in psychoanalysis. Translation by Akbar Tabrizi. Tehran: Behjat, pp. 74-75. 234.
- Hornay. Karen. (2011). The nervous personality of our time. Translated by Mohammad Ja’afar Mosafa. Tehran: Behjat, pp. 160, 42, 12, 224.
- Hornay. Karen. (2014). Self-exploration Translated by Mohammad Ja’afar Mosafa. fourth edition. Tehran: Behjat, pp. 79, 173.
- Hornay. Karen. (2017). Nervousness and human growth. Translated by Mohammad Ja’afar Mosafa. 20th edition Tehran: Behjat, p. 126.
- Hornay. Karen. (2017b). Female psychology. Translated by Abuzar Karami. Tehran: Danje, p. 219.
- Ismailinia. Fatima and others. (2016). "Comparative study of elements of black poetry in the poems of Simin Behbahani and Nazzul-Malaake". Bi-quarterly journal of Persian-Arabic comparative studies. (3) 2, pp. 36-9.
- khorvash. Mehdi. (2014). personality psychology. Isfahan: Sana, pp. 119-120.
- Nasri. Abdullah. (2010). The philosophy of creation. Third edition. Tehran: Allameh Tabatabai University, p.99.
- Nikzad, Mahmoud. (2012). Comprehensive culture of psychology. Two volumes. Tehran: Kayhan Institute, p. 367.
- Nojumian, Amir Ali. (2004). An introduction to modernism in literature. Ahvaz: Resesh, p. 28.
- Sanati, Muhammad and others. (2009). Death: a collection of essays. Tehran: Printing and Publishing Organization of the Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance, p. 58.
- Scarf. Richard. (2005). Theories of psychotherapy and counseling. Translated by Mehrdad Firouzbakht. second edition. Tehran: Rasa, p. 71.
- Schultz. Doan. (2011). Theories of personality. Translated by Yahya Seyed Mohammadi. Tehran: Agah.
- Siyasi, Ali Akbar. (2006). Theories of personality. Tehran: Tehran University Press, pp. 128. 207.
- Taheri, Seyyed Mehdi. (2013). "Psychology of Mohammadreza Pahlavi's personality based on Karen Horne's theory". Contemporary political essays. (2) 1, pp. 65-85.
- Witches, David. (2000). Methods of literary criticism. Translated by Mohammad Taghi Seddiqiani and Gholamhossein Yousefi. Tehran: Scientific and Cultural, p. 211.
- Yavari, Hoora. (2016). psychoanalysis and literature; In the text of Two Humans, Two Worlds from Bahram Gur to Ravi Buf -e- koor. Tehran: Elm, p. 18.
- Zarqani, Seyyed Mehdi. (2004). The perspective of contemporary Iranian poetry. second edition. Tehran: Sales. P. 382.