- Count View : 17
- Doi: 10.22034/bahareadab.2021 .14 .5413
Stylistic of persian poetry and prose text
volume Number 14، number In Volume 1، ، issue Number 59
Variety and Extent of Expressive Techniques A Literary Feature in Omid Majd's Translation of Nahj Al-Balagha
Fatemeh Goosheneshin (Author in Charge)
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Translation Of religious texts has a special theoretical foundations due to the special feature of these texts. These texts are divided into revolutionary and non-revolutionary categories, that the sensitivity of each is different from the other during in the translation. The book of Nahj-Al-Balaaghah is one of the non-revolutionary Islamic religious texts due to the position of this work among Iranians, more than 50 Persian translations of Nahj-Al-Balaaghah have been made so far. However, use of these translated texts is more than the field of meaning and the translator is usually unable to convey the linguistic, expressive and literary subtitles of the original text. Translation of Nahj-Al-Balaaghah, which is based on the language abilities and needs artistic applications, requires significant linguistic, literary taste and artistic ability. The aim of this study is to investigate the poetic translation of Omid Majd from Nahj-Al-Balaaghah in terms of the use of expressive techniques in it.The main question of this research is how much and how do use expressly techniques and then mentioned translation according to their main text of Nahj-Al-Balaaghah is done.
METHODOLOGY: This research has been done by descriptive-analytical method.
FINDINGS: What is translation of Omid Majd from Nahj-Al-Balaaghah In comparison with main text, the translator has used expressive techniques and he’s pretty translation in three ways: alignment and matching of expression techniques with the text, creativity and translating expressive techniques and addition of expressive techniques in the translation process.
CONCLUSION: Majd has tried in his translation of
Nahj-Al-Balaaghah In the section of expression, to reflect the emotional images
and manner of expression of Imam Ali.This success is evidence in then use of
similes,metaphors, allusions, allegories and other rhetorical techniques in
this translation. The translator has tried not to damage original text and
delivery of the message, transfer the original text to the second language by
using various forms of imagination.
Nahj Al-Balaghah , Translation , Poetry Translation , Omid Majd , Expressive Techniques
- Ibn Manzur, Mohammad-ibn Mokarram. (1984). Lesan-ol Arab, Qom: Adabol Hoze.
- Bahrani, Ali Ibn Maysam. (1381 AH). Explanation of Nahj al-Balaghah, Beirut: Book Publishing.
- Eghbali, Abbas. (2009). An Introduction to the Critique of Synonymous Translations of Nahj al-Balaghah, Hadith Research, 1.
- Hamad, Ahmad. (2002). Literary translation between the restrictions of the text and the freedom of innovation, Journal of the World of Thought, No. 4 (30), Kuwait: Majlesoi Vatani.
- Jovini, Azizullah. (2006). Nahj al-Balaghah with Persian translation of the fifth and sixth centuries, Third Edition, Tehran: University of Tehran.
- Khoii, Mirza Hashem. (1424 AH). Menhaj al-Bara'a fi Sharh Nahj al-Balaghah, Beirut: Dar Al-Ahya Al-Tarath Al-Arabi.
- Lotfipour Saedi, Kazem. (2011). An Introduction to the Principles and Methods of Translation, 10th Edition, Tehran: University Publishing Center.
- Mandi, Jeremy. (2005). Introduction to Translation Studies. Translated byHamid Kashanian, Tehran: Rokh.
- Mansouri, Mehrzad. (2004). Discussion on the theoretical foundations of translation of religious texts, Translation Studies.
- Mary Barakat, Jundi. (2006). The effect of the language of the nation on translation, Beirut: Dar al-Fikr.
- Musaffa Jahromi, Abolfazl. Ketabi, Saeed. (2004). Made by Chomsky, translation and various semantic dimensions, Translation Studies.
- Nahj al-Balaghah. (2015). with the translation of the poem Omid Majd, 12th edition, Tehran: Omid Majd Publications.
- Nazemian, Reza. (2002). Methods in translation from Arabic to Persian, Tehran: Samt.
- Reason, Jan. (2005). Word analysis is a method for translation: theory and application. Translated by Ismail Faqih, Tehran: Rahnama.
- Shahidi, Seyed Jafar. (1991). Translation of Nahj al-Balaghah, Second Edition, Tehran: Islamic Revolution Education Publications.
- Tayyeb, Seyyed Abdul Hussein. (2000). Atib al-Bayan fi Tafsir al-Quran, Tehran: Eslam Publications.
- Mughniyeh, Mohammad Javad. (1972). Fi Zalal Nahj al-Balaghah, Beirut: Dar al-Elm.