- Count View : 15
- Doi: 10.22034/bahareadab.2021 .14 .4899
Stylistic of persian poetry and prose text
volume Number 14، number In Volume 1، ، issue Number 59
Stylistic analysis of two parts of Shahnameh (mythological-epic and historical
Fatemeh Jafarinia , Safieh Moradkhani (Author in Charge), Ali Heidari , Mohammad Reza Hassani Jalilian
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: The text of the Shahnameh despite the common perception , is not a uniform text and if we accept the views of some Shahnameh scholars on the division of Shahnameh into two parts, mythological and historical , it can be said that in addition to the subject from a stylistic point of view , there are differences between these two parts.
METHODOLOGY: In this research , which has done by analytical – descriptive method , nearly two hundred verses of the two mentioned parts were linguistically examined and compared . The verses have been selected in such a way that from the beginning to the end of Shahnameh, with the exception of Daghighi "s verses, after every thousands verses , four verses have been selected and examined . The obtained statistics are presented and analyzed in three branches of linguistic stylistic , namely phonetic , lexical and syntactic .
FINDINGS: Relying on the study of verses that were selected from two parts of Shahnameh and analyzed , it can be said that this book , contrary to some theories based on its uniformity ,does not have a unified structure and from a stylistic point of view , at different linguistic ,intellectual and literary levels ,there are significant differences in it . In other words , the separation of Shahnameh into two parts , mythical and historical , is not only discussed by the themes , rather , Ferdowsi"s different language and style of expression in each of these two sections is the basis for separation .
CONCLUSION: The research results confirm the aforementioned assumption. Phonetically , the differences indicates the variety and musical and phonetic strength of the first part compared to the second part . Literally , the first part has an older color than the second part by having ancient words and names and using more prefix verbs . At the syntactic level , the precedence of verbs and additional group is effective in blowing the epic spirit to the first part and distinguishes it from the second part .
Shahnameh , Myth , History , Stylistics , Linguistic Stylistics
- Ferdowsi, Abolghasem. (1987). Critical Press of Ferdowsi's Shahnameh. Correct by Jalal Khaleghi Motlagh. New York: Bibliotheca Persica.
- Hamidian, Saeed. (2008). An Introduction to Ferdowsi Thought and Art. Third Edition, Tehran: Nahid.
- Malmir, Timur. (2008). "Technical structure of Shahnameh" Quarterly of Kavoshnameh.
- Qaemi, Farzad. (2009). "Descriptive classification of Shahnameh based on historical and mythological foundations" Persian literature. 5 (21).
- Safa, Zabihollah. (1984). Epic in Iran. Fourth Edition, Tehran: Amirkabir.
- Safavi, Kurush. (2012). Introduction to Linguistics in Persian Literature Studies, Tehran: Elmi.
- Sarkarati, Bahman. (1999). Hunted shadows. Excerpts from Persian articles, Tehran: Qatreh.
- Shamisa, Sirus. (1999). Generalities of Stylistics. Fifth Edition, Tehran: Ferdows.